How to collect logs in Veeam
I ran into a couple issues with Veeam and wanted to look at the logs. Below is the process to gather all the logs in the Veeam console.
- To compile your logs via the log compilation wizard, click the Menu button in the top left-hand corner of the gui and go to Help -> Support Information in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- This wizard will allow you various methods to compile logging. For Backup, Replication, and other jobs, select “export logs for this job.” If multiple jobs are affected, you can multiple-select. For problems with restore or replica failover, you should select “Export logs for this VM” and choose the production VM that was backed up or replicated. For issues with the GUI or problems that don’t fall into any of the above categories, select “Export all logs for selected components” and choose “This server.”
- If possible, compile the logging for each job with issues for at least the last week.
- You may save these logs to any location. Ensure that the location referenced has free space for compilation.
- When selecting "Next", the wizard will notify of its progress in the compilation process. Please attach these to your case, or in the event that the total attachment size is under 3.5MB, you may attach via email reply. If none of these options for upload are working, please notify Veeam Support and an engineer will provide FTP credentials for the case.